History of Tri-Cities Garden Club, Inc.
Located near the shores of beautiful Lake Michigan, the Tri-Cities Garden Club serves members from Grand Haven, Spring Lake and Ferrysburg. The Tri-Cities Garden Club was organized in August 1957 with 12 members and federated the following year. The late Mrs. F.O. Barden was the first president. Meetings were held in private homes and were comprised of speakers, garden tours and book reports. Early Flower Shows were held in the Fire Barn. In 1967 when the Community Center was built it became the home for the Tri-Cities Garden Club meetings and Flower Shows. Currently, meetings and the annual Flower Show are held at Spring Lake District Library. The club has experienced membership growth and incorporated in 2010. The founders’ passion for gardening and the purposes of establishing the Garden Club remains a strong commitment of today’s members.